Here is a brief description of our company history.
Service Motor Company promotes Case IH Efficient Power - Delivering Proven Solutions - Right from the Start! To date Case IH has more than 13,000 SCR-only Tier 4A engines in North American fields with more than 3 million hours of operation.
Meuer Farm Corn Maze
Service Motor Company Supports Wisconsin FFA Foundation.
As of March 2012, Service Motor Company, Inc. is now a proud Star Mission Partner with the Wisconsin FFA Foundation. The Star Mission Partner Program provides funding in support of all five Wisconsin FFA-related entities: Wisconsin Association of FFA, Wisconsin FFA Alumni, Wisconsin FFA Center, Wisconsin FFA Foundation, and Wisconsin Association of Agricultural Educators. With Service Motor Company’s support, Wisconsin FFA continues to take a lead in strengthening agricultural education, career development and leadership training at the highest level of quality possible.
“The agricultural industry is a fundamental necessity for the world’s food production. We need to offer the younger generation valuable tools to be successful in this industry. The FFA is a major component to this success. FFA offers guidance, training, and confidence to members who are seeking a career in Agriculture. Supporting this beneficial foundation enables this passionate industry to continue in the future.” ~Kimberlee Sommer, Vice President of Service Motor Company, Inc.
Look for Service Motor Company at upcoming events through Wisconsin FFA Foundation.
To learn more about the Wisconsin FFA Foundation, visit http://www.wisconsinffafoundation.org.
Service Motor Company History
· 1916 - Antone Sommer began selling Case tractors on his farm, west of Dale.
1920 - Antone Sommer and Fred Kaufman bought
the Hirth Hotel and Tavern in downtown Dale. They converted it to office
space and attached garage. They hired two employees and named their
business: Service Motor Company.
They sold plows, tractors, silo fillers and threshing machines. They sold Case, Maxwell and Mitchell automobiles. Plymour, Chevrolet, Hudson, and Essex were added later.
1927 - Ewalt Sommer (Antone
1930 - Ewalt bought his father
· 1941 - Service Motor Company built a new building in downtown Dale. The old building was demolished (This building still exists and presently houses Carew Golf Cars).
1950 - Ewalt
1966 - Adrian Sommer purchased his father
1970 - A building 60
1974 - A new building with more than 16,000
square feet of shop, parts and office space was built. Service Motor Company
moved to its current location. The old store was remodeled to house a lawn
and garden store and self-service gas station.
Tom Sommer (
1979 - New buildings are built in
1982 - Purchased land in New Franken and
built new buildings Store Manager: Clair Sommer (Ewalt
1986 - Jim Sommer becomes 4th generation
president of Service Motor Company.
In April, a new 70
· 1993 - An addition is built onto the Dale parts department, which includes two sales offices.
· 1994 - January-former Ellis Implement store was purchased. Now called: Service Motor Company-Stevens Point. February-former Sherman Implement store was purchased. Now called: Service Motor Company-Seymour.
1996 - To expand our product line at our
· 1997 - Service Motor Company joins the World Wide Web.
1998 - Addition completed at the
· 1999 - Addition completed at the Stevens Point Store.
2000 - Case Merges with New
· 2001 - Addition completed at SMC-Seymour. Galvin Tractor was purchased. Now called: Service Motor Company-Wausau.
2002 - Our
· 2003 - Our Dale location changed addresses due to road construction. We are now located at W9614 State Highway 96.
· 2005 - Remodeling completed at our Dale location.
· 2006 - Happy 90 Years!
· 2008 - Service Motor Company signs endorsement deal with Head Football Coach Mike McCarthy!
· 2011 – Service Motor Company signs endorsement deal with Wide Receiver Jordy Nelson!