Here is a brief description of our company history.
PATRIOT® SERIES SPRAYERS
MAKE THE MOST OF EVERY PLANT’S POTENTIAL
You need a sprayer that’s ready when you are to take advantage of the perfect agronomic window to get into the field. You want it to provide consistent, accurate application across every piece of ground, and to work smoothly and reliably all season, every season. That’s what today’s Patriot sprayers are designed to do, in an application package that fits your operation perfectly. That’s technology, engineering and expertise combined to keep plants healthy and maximize yield potential.
WPS Farm Show is Being Held March 24 – 26, 2015 This Year We Are Selling TOYS & APPAREL! Sure to Be a Hit For All Ages! Come See us in Hanger D. Take Advantage of Our Show Special Spend $25 Receive a FREE Tote & #1 Engine Oil T-shirt.
Service Motor Company is proud to support local, community, and national organizations.
Service Motor Company History
· 1916 - Antone Sommer began selling Case tractors on his farm, west of Dale.
1920 - Antone Sommer and Fred Kaufman bought
the Hirth Hotel and Tavern in downtown Dale. They converted it to office
space and attached garage. They hired two employees and named their
business: Service Motor Company.
They sold plows, tractors, silo fillers and threshing machines. They sold Case, Maxwell and Mitchell automobiles. Plymour, Chevrolet, Hudson, and Essex were added later.
1927 - Ewalt Sommer (Antone
1930 - Ewalt bought his father
· 1941 - Service Motor Company built a new building in downtown Dale. The old building was demolished (This building still exists and presently houses Carew Golf Cars).
1950 - Ewalt
1966 - Adrian Sommer purchased his father
1970 - A building 60
1974 - A new building with more than 16,000
square feet of shop, parts and office space was built. Service Motor Company
moved to its current location. The old store was remodeled to house a lawn
and garden store and self-service gas station.
Tom Sommer (
1979 - New buildings are built in
1982 - Purchased land in New Franken and
built new buildings Store Manager: Clair Sommer (Ewalt
1986 - Jim Sommer becomes 4th generation
president of Service Motor Company.
In April, a new 70
· 1993 - An addition is built onto the Dale parts department, which includes two sales offices.
· 1994 - January-former Ellis Implement store was purchased. Now called: Service Motor Company-Stevens Point. February-former Sherman Implement store was purchased. Now called: Service Motor Company-Seymour.
1996 - To expand our product line at our
· 1997 - Service Motor Company joins the World Wide Web.
1998 - Addition completed at the
· 1999 - Addition completed at the Stevens Point Store.
2000 - Case Merges with New
· 2001 - Addition completed at SMC-Seymour. Galvin Tractor was purchased. Now called: Service Motor Company-Wausau.
2002 - Our
· 2003 - Our Dale location changed addresses due to road construction. We are now located at W9614 State Highway 96.
· 2005 - Remodeling completed at our Dale location.
· 2006 - Happy 90 Years!
· 2008 - Service Motor Company signs endorsement deal with Head Football Coach Mike McCarthy!
· 2011 – Service Motor Company signs endorsement deal with Wide Receiver Jordy Nelson!